It's a crazy life, but it's mine, and I love it.

Friday, May 13, 2011

And so it begins, and ends.

It's the last Friday of the year, the very last Friday I will look out at these particular little faces and tell them to shut up or wake up or listen up. Next week I will only see them for one day. I get mixed emotions about this, part of me is really really excited that it's summer and I get more free time and can work on my killer tan. But part of me is sad that I won't get to wake up every morning and wonder what craziness will ensue that day. Luckily for me, I'm teaching summer school this year, so I get an extra month of this insanity, only with kids who failed this class before and therefore will be SUPER happy to be taking a class again during their summer, AND I have them from 8-12 in my classroom. I'm imagining this will be pretty epic. So while I won't get to teach these kids, there will be kids to teach, and torture, and laugh with. Because seriously, laughing is the only way to survive this business. Luckily they make it easy by giving me things like this:
Yup, that's a space dog-cow-hamster with an f'd up star.
I'm also going back to school in the fall to get my Masters in Curriculum and Instruction. Whatever that means. I'll be heading to ASU, and not that I have ever had any kind of school loyalty or spirit, but I will be a Sun Devil. I have mixed feelings about that. I went to my very first official meeting last night to meet and greet with the cohort of teachers from my district that got the same scholarship as me and will be taking these classes with me. My co-worker Nick and I are clearly the cool kids. My two favorite things about this program are:

1. The downtown campus where all my classes are is 2 minutes from my new apartment
2. I get a free membership to the YMCA

Be jealous.

And I know, when I get discouraged, I can look to my students for support. Because they give me things like this:

Please ignore the your/you're error. They are working on it. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment