It's a crazy life, but it's mine, and I love it.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

While the Teacher is Away

This past month has been an eventful one for me. First I took a business trip to Florida, and I saw this:


I love the ocean!

We flew out on Monday morning at 5:00 a.m, which meant that my awesome roommate woke up at 3:30 to take me to the airport. (thanks Lauren!) I hate Florida, I really do, it's gross and muggy and there are alligators. But the ocean was nice. One of my co-workers got wasted and offered to give everyone (including the principal) a piggyback ride. That's the kind of entertainment you just can't buy. We flew back on Thursday and my flight got in to Phoenix at 3:30. By 4:30 my roommate and I were in the car on our way to San Diego. I got to spend a couple of days with my friend Jimmy.

This is Jimmy. Ladies, he is single, has a good job and drives this:

if interested please contact me.
*Pictures used without permission.

Jimmy and I went all over San Diego and I got to see this:


Man I still love the ocean.

We drove back Sunday and I had to go back to work the next day. But I did find this in the classroom:

Can you feel the love?

If you can't read the little boxes, the one on the left says, "What's a pronoun? -A noun that's lost it's amateur status" Maybe my favorite student response of all time. The students were good all week long, they didn't try to kill the sub and they didn't steal any of my books, even the Diary of a Wimpy Kid. That's a pretty big deal in the land of inner-city high school kids.

2 comments:

  1. Florida is a very good place for vacation. You've got cool photos here... nice blog!

    Brad Fallon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been traveling! It looks like a lot of fun. Traveling...hmmm...that is something I only dream about now. : )

    ReplyDelete